REAL BC has developed an action plan leading up to the June 15, 2018 new rules implementation date, highlights are as follows:
• Public Engagement: Utilizing both traditional and social media the REAL BC will embark on a public engagement and public outreach strategy that is focused on:
– Educating consumers on the upcoming rule changes
– Raising awareness of the impact the rule changes will have on those planning to buy or sell a home in BC
– Encouraging consumers to make their voices heard and become engaged in public consultation opportunities around these issues.
• Stakeholder Engagement: The REAL BC will be reaching out to, and looking for opportunities to partner with other organizations that we work with who share our concerns and want to support our efforts including:
– consumer rights groups
– small business advocacy organizations
– real estate sector stakeholders
• Government Engagement: The REAL BC will ensure that our perspective is heard directly by government, not filtered by others. Efforts will focus on community engagement, relationship building and public policy discussion with local MLA’S and provincial decision makers. We will provide tools and resources to help REALTORS(r) and consumers become more active and engaged in their communities.
• The REAL BC will make a clearly focused submission that articulates the main concerns as outlined and results of the above activities.
The objective will be to secure a commitment from Government to amend, review or delay the proposed changes until the best interest of consumers in BC is achieved and ensure the right to individual choice is preserved, unintended consequences are avoided, and BC home buyers and sellers can continue to engage their Realtor as an informed and empowered participant.